The oils in the Forgiveness blend are high-frequency oils, Melissa, Geranium, Frankincense, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Coriander, Angelica, Bergamot, Lemon, Ylang ylang, Jasmine, Helichrysum, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa and Rose. These oils work synergistically together to create a calm, uplifting environment when forgiving yourself and others.
This blend can help us release the stagnant, toxic thoughts stuck in our body's memory that act as a safety mechanism. They were encoded in our past when we felt unsafe, and from that point on, all of our senses have been given a warning note that says something like, “people will hurt me when they get too close”, or “men/women can't be trusted”, or “I am not lovable,” among other signals. These memories can be triggered by sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell, and they show up in our current experiences and pull us down. The most common emotional patterns created are Self-denial, Revenge, and Distrust.
The problem is that our bodies can't tell the difference between an emotional threat and a physical threat. When we start feeling emotionally vulnerable after these messages have been encoded, the body will send warnings, sometimes thousands of times per day, to keep us alive. We want to reverse these patterns, to restore the blueprint of our original ability to be at PEACE.
Emotions associated with Forgiveness:
- Distrust (felt in the gut)
- Distrust results from being stressed and stress is caused by many subconscious messages pulling us in different directions. To establish a healthier pattern of trust, we need “integrity”, which is where our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions can become consistent. No more secret messages internally scattering our thoughts.
- Old pattern: Distrust. New pattern: Integrity. Affirmation: “I honor the truth.”
- We can release old trauma and untruth that are stuck in the body and move forward with integrity.
- Wanting Revenge (felt in the head, back of neck)
- There is no such thing as turning your feelings off or magically being detached, so what we are doing here is to move in a different direction with a new and greater purpose - to detach or remove ourselves from the mission of revenge. When you diffuse Forgiveness, if relationships, where you have wanted someone to get paid back, resurface in your memory, you can take a moment to establish this thought pattern: I have a new mission.
- Old pattern: Revenge. New pattern: Detachment (move in a new direction). Affirmation: I have a new mission. I am letting go of the old.
- Self-Denial (felt in the back of the neck, the base of the skull):
- The most common root of denying our own needs is expecting others to know what we need before we have asked. This leads to living with a spirit of neglect, blaming others, and unforgiveness. In fact, it often looks like taking care of everything under the sun EXCEPT for ourselves, and an underlying thought cycle that we are “the only one who does anything around here.”
- Old pattern: Self-denial, New pattern: Wisdom. Affirmation: “I support myself.”
When using the Forgiveness blend, meditate on the opposite of the above emotions - supporting yourself, finding awareness to honor your own truth, and detaching from allowing someone else to have a say over your worth and value. Use the mantras below as you apply the oil, and sit with the feelings until you feel a shift. Oils are very powerful in helping to create new pathways in the brain!